Awards are a way to celebrate garden club excellence. Achievements are recognized as well as the people behind them.
NATIONAL GARDEN CLUB AWARDS
#CS-1-C Community Gardens – 1st Runner Up
- For continuing participation in a community garden while partnering with another organization.
- We won for our work on Tower Park beds.
#MP-1-A iii Garden Club Membership – 1st Runner Up
- For most innovative activities or most outstanding effort to increase public visibility to increase club membership or to make the public aware of the mission and activities of garden clubs.
- We won for our yearlong work as a garden club.
PUB-2-5-A iii Publications: Brochure -1st Overall
- For publication of a membership brochure or leaflet
- We won for our membership brochure
PUB-2-8-A iii Publications: Business Card – 1st Overall
- For publication of any “other” type of publication that promotes NGC objectives
- We won for our membership business card
NPW-1-A iii Roadside Plantings $700 – 1st Overall
- For notable environmental preservation and enhancement of roadsides using wildflowers and native plants of your region
- We won for our wildflower plantings with Arkansas Department of Transportation on Highway 62
South Central Region Garden Clubs Awards
#4 Outstanding Yearbook Theme – “Director’s Special Recognition Award” $40
- For the most creative use of a theme carried throughout the programs of the year.
- Awarded to GCR for their yearlong work with the Rogers Pre-K Center students
#10 Recycling/Litter Control – 1st Place $25
- For the best litter and/or recycling projects to benefit a community
- We won for our litter pick-up, pop tab recycling, collecting plastic bags, and the recycling program for the Rogers Pre-K Center students
#14-1A Publications: Brochure – 1st Place $25
- For outstanding publication of a brochure
- We won for our membership brochure
#14-7 A “How-to Tips for Gardeners” – 1st place $25
- For most outstanding publication of “How-to tips for Gardeners”
- We won for our February Horticulture report “Bees and Pollinators”
#15 Container Gardening: 1st Place
- For the most outstanding container or containers of fruits, vegetable, herbs, flowers, or any combination of plants, placed in a public setting
- We won for Marge Leonard’s President Project, by planting containers at three oft he Roger’s fire stations
#18 Sweepstakes Award most 1st place $25
- For most 1st place awards
Arkansas Federation of Garden Club Awards
#3 Civic Beautification – 2nd place
- For the best effort on a completed beautification project, providing continuing maintenance
- We won for our work on the Butterfly Garden
#6 Garden Therapy – 1st place $25
- For the best scope of projects with residents of nursing or assisted living homes
- We won for our work at the Apple Blossom Assisted Living Facility
#8 Membership Increase – 2nd place $25
- For the greatest percentage increase in membership
- We won for our 2% increase in membership
#10-5 Yearbook – 1st place $25
- To the club’s yearbook for scoring highest on the NGC scale of points for club size 70-99 members.
- We scored 68 out of 100 points
#11-A Junior Gardeners: Year-Long – 1st place $25
- For providing a year-long program promoting horticulture, environmental and/or conservation education to youth.
- We won for our year-long programs presented to the Pre-K Center students.
#11-B Junior Gardeners: Single Project – 1st place $25
- For providing the best single horticultural or gardening project to a youth group
- We won for our project “Living Necklaces” with the Rogers Pre-K Center students
#13 Arbor Day – 1st place
- For the best celebration of Arbor Day.
- We won for our tree planting to honor member Sherrie Eoff
#14-iii Garden Club Membership: Large Club – 1st Place $25
- For the best effort to increase public visibility and/or increase in membership.
- We won for the many ways we promote our club to the public: Facebook page, website, newspaper publicity, youth gardening, Butterfly Garden, litter pickup, etc.
#18 Litterbug Beware – 1st place $25
- For the best litter and/or recycling projects to benefit a community.
- We won for our litter pick-up, pop tab recycling, collecting plastic bags, and the recycling program for the Pre-K Center students.
#19 Pollinators – 1st place $25
- For conducting the most comprehensive and effective project on pollinating insects and/or animals.
- We won for our program on butterflies presented to the Rogers Pre-K Center students and our work on the Butterfly Garden
#21 Bravo Award Winner, $25
- The Bravo Award is given to one outstanding member each year who willingly and frequently says “yes” to committee service, shares knowledge with other club members for the good of the club and quietly serves without accolades.
- Diana Blas is the Bravo Award winner
#28-A Junior Gardeners – Year-long – 1st place $75
- For the best overall, year-long program presented to junior promoting the NGC objectives
- We won for our year-long series of programs presented to our Youth Gardening Club at the Rogers Pre-K Center
#28-B Junior Gardeners-Single Project -1st place $25
- For the best single project with/by junior promoting NGC objectives
- We won for our “Living Necklace” project presented to the Rogers Pre-K Center students
Barbara Young Traveling Trophy
- For winning the most 1st place awards