- Under fluorescent lights, start seeds of onions and leeks at the beginning of the month.
- Near the end of the month, start seeds of broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts indoors under lights.
- Start slow-growing flowers, such as garden verbena (Verbena x hybrida), stocks (Matthiola incana), wallflowers (Cheirianthus cheiri), and ageratum indoors.
- If winter has been mild, transplant trees, shrubs, and roses.
- For the earliest tomatoes, start seeds of Early Girl under lights now. In April, set out the transplants and protect them with Wall O’ Waters.
- Sharpen pruning shears and use them to prune fruit trees, brambles, grapevines, and late summer–blooming shrubs.
- Rinse houseplants by setting them beneath your shower.
Courtesy of www.rodalesorganiclife.com